Thursday, October 8, 2009

Two days in a row? What?!

Okay, so today I'm all sorts of proud. Several of my students are being recognized school-wide for performing at an advanced level on the benchmark, one of my tenth graders recieved a scholarship for a football camp (it's next summer), and this camp is nationally acredited for the success it has in regard to gearing students up for college football, and another of my students did something admireable for me. I was called down to the office during block 4 today (I don't teach during this block). When I walked into Ms. Marsh's office, I saw one of my tenth grade boys sitting in the room as well. Since I hadn't been alerted to the fact that he would be sitting in on this meeting, I had a whirl of possibilities running through my head. Ms. Marsh greeted me by saying that she had called me into her office because she wanted this young man to tell me why he was in her office. As she finished saying this, my student looked at me and urgently started telling me about an incident he was involved in during block 3. While he was using the restroom he overheard some other young men saying inappropriate things about me, and these guys were also bragging about the fact that they had taken some of my candy, and they were making plans to snatch my unicorn puppet (long story). Being appalled by both the disguisting things that these guys were saying, and their hurtful plans to take things from me, my student clearly told these boys to stop. After what turned out to be a bit of a scuffle (nothing too major, my student ended up walking out before anything stupid happened), my student went to administration to let them know what had happened. After this young man left Ms. Marsh's office, she informed me that when he had come to her office, he was VERY upset. She said that he was having a hard time even telling her what happened because he was so irritated about how those boys in the bathroom had acted. Right there in her office, I started to cry. I was so touched.

In addition, I am currently in love with my classroom. I work so hard to keep that room looking the way that it does, and the hardwork is really worth it. :) Here are some pictures:







No comments:

Post a Comment